We believe so much in our fit process and training that we offer a perfect fit guarantee.
We want you and your feet to love your shoes! So we give you 30 days from the date of purchase to try out your new shoes. If for any reason, the shoe fit is not perfect, bring them back in to us with your sales receipt.
After an evaluation, we will make any custom-fit adjustments needed. At that time, should our fit specialists feel a different shoe will work better for you, we will exchange the shoes for a different model. We allow for 3 exchanges within one calendar year.
We do not offer refunds for any purchases
Our Fit Process – What to Except When you Come In
We invest in over 300 hours of training with our staff for one reason: to make sure you have the perfect fit. Every time you come into Ted’s, we’ll take you through our fit process.
- Tell us about YOU. Are you running or walking? Do you have any injuries? What will be the primary application for these shoes? What surface will you be using them on? Are you experiencing any foot pain?
- We use the brannock foot measuring device to measure BOTH feet. 90% of Americans are wearing the wrong shoe size!
- We will watch you stand, walk, and at times even run so we can assess the biomechanics of your foot.
- We’ll then come back with shoe recommendations we know will give you comfort and support to meet your goals. We want you to walk around the store in them, while we are watching your every step to see how the shoe is working for you. We want to listen to your feedback on how they feel and fit.
- We will also discuss socks, insoles and other support products that are going to give you the best fit and performance.
- After you purchase the shoes, we’ll want you to use them for 30 days. If you and your feet don’t love them, simply bring them back. Read more about our Perfect Fit Guarantee.
HOW TO BUY SHOES
This guide is intended to help you through the process of buying shoes at Ted’s Shoe and Sport, tell you what to expect at our store and address a few common questions. That being said, it is still just a guide. Every customer and every experience is individualized and unique.
WHAT TO BRING
Please bring your old shoes, a sock of similar thickness and material as you typically use, any orthotic or foot-bed you have been putting in your shoe and clothes that you feel comfortable moving in, after all this will be an interactive experience!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Every fitting starts with us asking a few questions about you. Understanding your intended use, the surface you’ll use them on, previous equipment and any past or present injuries helps us to better address your footwear needs. Once we get a sense of your goals and shoe expectations it’s time for a little gait analysis
Watching you move in a simple, soft and flexible shoe (or your current shoe) allows us to see how your foot moves on the platform of a shoe and gives us an idea of which types of shoes might best support your foot.
After the initial gait analysis we will bring out several recommendations of potential shoes. In order to sort through these various options we ask you to wear them inside or outside on our sidewalk and have you walk, run, or jog. The goal is to find a shoe which you do not notice very much on your foot, one which feels natural, smooth and comfortable.
The majority of the shoes we carry cost right around $120 with a few falling above or below.
HOW LONG SHOES LAST
The shoes are designed to last most people around 400 miles, although this can vary based on the shoe or the person wearing it.
TYPES OF SHOES
From extremely minimalist to maximally supportive, we have all types of shoes at Ted’s Shoe and Sport. Our inventory is hand selected by our team in order to get you the very best options from each brand at the best value for your dollar.